Oh My Gosh It’s Good! Coconut Almond Fudge
Oh My Gosh It's Good! Coconut Almond Fudge
Given to me by Michelle Johnson Be sure you only use extra-virgin, unrefined, organic coconut oil, the refined coconut oil is no better than a trans-fat so stay away from that! Below the yummy candy photo I've shared some other benefits of coconut oil so if you need to purchase some, get a large jar. You can often find unrefined extra virgin coconut oil at Costco and always at VitaCost.com to save some $$. I usually buy Nutiva Coconut Oil. PLEASE don't buy the LouAnn brand, it is
- 1/2- cup coconut oil
- 1/2- cup raw almond butter or crunchy roasted almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons Nativas Raw Cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons raw local honey
- 1- teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Put all in a sauce pan and stir until melted and well blended
- Line loaf pan with parchment paper or use a non stick loaf pan
- Pour melted mixture into pan
- Put in freezer for one hour or until firm but not frozen hard
- Turn out on a cold cutting board or marble slab
- Cut into 20 pieces
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to one month.
Don't eat more than one a day and do it in place of one of your good fats like coconut oil or an avocado. This is a great way to get coconut oil daily, good for your brain. It tastes like the coconut candies you get in the assorted boxes of chocolates or a really good mounds bar. I prefer using crunchy almond butter for this one. The raw chocolate makes it out of this world but if you don't have that or need to save $$ use a good cocoa.