Avocado Ranch Dressing
Avocado Ranch Dressing
I think you’ll love this Avocado Ranch Dressing if Ranch is your Go-To salad dressing. Ranch dressing is definitely the most popular dressing on the Western Diet. Some children and even adults dump Ranch Dressing on Everything! This Avocado Ranch Dressing gives you the creamy and savory and smooth textures of a traditional ranch dressing along with the familiar savory flavors.
Why should I change my favorite Ranch Dressing to Avocado Ranch Dressing?
Traditional Ranch is made with mayonnaise and if you purchase Ranch in a bottle or one of those little packets you may be eating lots of damaging and toxic chemicals such as MSG and many preservative. Bottled Ranch dressing and the kind in the packets ask you to add milk or buttermilk. Now granted, this one, unless you make it dairy free, uses organic Green yogurt, which is also a milk product. However, using an organic yogurt adds beneficial bacteria to help support your immune system and brain function.
Another good reason to make the switch…
Avocados are Super Food! From Healthline
Here are some of the most abundant nutrients, in a single 3.5-ounce (100-gram) serving (3):
- Vitamin K: 26% of the daily value (DV)
- Folate: 20% of the DV
- Vitamin C: 17% of the DV
- Potassium: 14% of the DV
- Vitamin B5: 14% of the DV
- Vitamin B6: 13% of the DV
- Vitamin E: 10% of the DV
- It also contains small amounts of magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, zinc, phosphorous and vitamins A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and B3 (niacin).
Do you want to eat more avocados because of their health benefit? Avocado Ranch Dressing might be your ticket! The reason we choose foods are texture, flavor and how the food goes through our digestive tract and makes us feel. Avocado will hit all those marks and more!
A Few Benefits of Avocado
- 25% Soluble Fiber, which feeds the beneficial bacteria in your gut, which may improve immunity to disease and virus, happier mood and better cognition.
- High in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory.
- Enzymes and phytonutrients in avocados may break up cancer cells.
- Beneficial fat in Avocado supports healthy brain development in children and better cognition in adults.
- Avocados have the one of the highest enzyme counts of all raw foods. Enzymes are the construction crew of the food, they help your body break down the nutrients and use the nutrients effectively.
Avocado and Your Weight
Need to lose weight? Add avocado, especially this Avocado Ranch Dressing to your daily diet. The beneficial fat in Avocado supports weight loss and helps with hunger.
Need to GAIN weight? Surprise! Eat more avocado. Your body will recognize the good fat and hang on to it. Add at least 1 avocado per day to your salads, smoothies, make guacamole and of course, this Avocado Ranch Dressing…you still need some good crunchy and nutrient dense salads.
Where do Avocados come from?
Avocados are grown on trees, and the Haas Avocados, the kind you are used to eating, are all from the original Mother Tree! Most of the avocados consumed in the US are from California, however, many are coming in from Mexico. A few years I read an interesting blog by a guy who had an avocado orchard. He said an avocado can stay on the tree for 3 months, which makes them great to sell. One of the reasons is because Avocados are one of the highest enzyme foods. This is why they turn brown so quickly … it’s also why they are sooo good for you!
Need to know how to choose a ripe avocado? Check this out.