Spiralized Zucchini with Vegan Pesto
Vegan Nut Basil Pesto
2 cups fresh basil or a combination of basil and baby spinach ½ cup raw almonds, walnuts or cashews ½ cup good quality olive oil 2-4 cloves of garlic 1 squeeze lemon juice 1-2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
Servings: 4 People
- 2 cups fresh basil or a combination of basil and baby spinach
- 1/2 cup raw almonds walnuts or cashews
- 1/2 cup good quality olive oil start with less
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- Soak nuts in purified water overnight. Drain water.
- Use an s-blade in a food processor to create the pesto in this order
- Add olive oil, lemon juice and nutritional yeast and blend well.
Zucchini noodles tossed in Vegan Pesto with Cherry Tomatoes and Sundried Tomatoes
- Use 1 zucchini per person.
- Basil Pesto recipe will cover 4 medium zucchinis.
- Serve with a tossed salad with an Italian vinaigrette and roasted veggies or green beans.
- Spiralize Zucchini, use serve raw or sauté in 1 Tablespoon olive oil.
- Toss noodles in Pesto and Cherry tomatoes and sundried tomatoes.