GF, DF, NSO, HF, HP, BF
Your invited to a dinner or have company coming and your pressed for time…what to do? You could stop by the deli or get a take out pizza, but this salad will be the hit of the party. It’s healthy, beautiful, fresh, crunchy and savory all in one bite.
I originally took a very large beautiful bowl of Sushi Salad to a ladies night out…it was the first dish to disappear, and I didn’t get any! What was left? A counter of foods I don’t eat. So I advise portion some out for yourself before putting it out.
Healthy Fast Food for that special event…here’s the plan….
Grab a beautiful serving bowl and a set of tongs before you leave home. Stop by the grocery and pick up the already prepared ingredients. If you have time, make the salad dressing at home.
If not, your grocery store will likely have an organic orange ginger vinaigrette Annie’s Organics has a great sesame ginger vinaigrette.
Sushi Salad is beautiful in a large bowl on the dinner table or individually plated.Talk about easy! Take a picture of this recipe so you’ll have it on your phone when you are at the store.
Sushi Salad Quick Shopping List
Add some crunch with a batch of Crunchy Quinoa to drizzle on top or even just a package of roasted pepitas.
Add a Sushi Flavor, pick up some Nori chips or wraps, break them up and toss with the salad. Anni Chunn has a tasty rice cracker Nori Chip.
Note: Some products listed in this post are affiliate links. If you purchase through the link I will receive a very small commission.
- 1 ripe but not mushy avocado halved & sliced thin
- 1 Cucumber sliced thin use your vegetable peeler to slice and curl
- 1 1⁄2 Red Onion sliced thin
- 12 oz Grilled or smoked salmon can be hot or cold
- 1 recipe Orange Ginger Vinaigrette dressing
- 1 box organic baby spinach or spring mix
- Reserve a few slices of cucumber, avocado and onion for garnish on the top. Toss greens and remaining veggies in 1/4 cup Orange Ginger Vinaigrette dressing and top with salmon and avocado. To make it beautiful, toss greens just before serving and arrange cucumber, onion, avocado and salmon on top. Make it better...top with Crunchy Quinoa.