The Wellness Partnership – Partnering with God’s Design
The Wellness Partnership –
Partnering with God’s Design
How much ministry or good things do you do without your physical body? None! Your body is required for you to think, move, act, care, love. Your body is the VEHICLE by which you express God’s greatness to the world.
Let’s think about a vehicle for a moment. Some people buy a car and they just use it until it falls apart. They don’t change the oil or rotate the tires. Some people don’t even clean the trash out of their car or wash the windows. When we see a car in disrepair on the road we want to steer clear of them to avoid a potential accident if it were to break down.
We wonder why the individual would not take care of their vehicle, after all…they must need it to get to work, carry groceries, possibly carry their family or get them to the hospital in an emergency. People who let their car fall into disrepair are often full of anxiety when they drive it. Worried it could break down at any moment and put them at risk or cause them to be late. Wouldn’t it be easier and less stressful if they took the time and allocated the money to do regular maintenance and cleaning? Why don’t they?
- Possibly they weren’t taught how to take care of a car.
- Maybe they think they don’t have enough money to care for their car.
- They may feel they are too busy to take the time.
- Or an addiction may take their time and interest to the point that they don’t take care of their car, themselves or those who love them.
Now let’s get back to your body. As I stated earlier, your body is the VEHICLE by which you live life. Is your body like that broken down car, visibly showing signs of disrepair?
- Do you continually worry your body will one day just give out on you and you will be stuck in bed having to depend on others to take care of you?
- Do you take care of everyone but yourself?
- Are you too busy to take care of your body?
- Do you have an addiction to busy-ness or self-pity or laziness or procrastination to the point you don’t take care of your body?
What Does a Broken Down Body Look Like?
High Blood Pressure
Type 2 Diabetes
Dr. David Jeremiah, in his series on Lonliness points to the lives of Moses, Joshua and Caleb; men in the Bible who lived long and strong in their 80s and Moses to 120. The Bible says his eyes were not dim and he had the strength of his youth. God made your body to repair and rebuild. He put cycles within the systems of your body to keep you young and strong. But you have to partner with His design. You must do your part, give your body what it needs to do it’s job.(1)
There are really no excuses for this. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 breaks it down quite simply.
“19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.”
Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. If you don’t take care of your physical body you are not taking care of the temple of God. You and I partnering with God’s design is what I refer to as “The Wellness Partnership”.
What is the Wellness Partnership?
We have been brainwashed into believing a lie that the human body is flawed and must have drugs and medical interventions to work correctly. The truth is our bodies are amazing creations, designed to heal and repair.
When we partner with God’s design in 4 ways, Faith, Faithfulness, Forgiveness and Time, we experience true health and vitality.
- Faith. Believe that God created your body to heal and that you can impact your health by partnering with God’s design.
- Faithful. You must be faithful to your healthy lifestyle practices 80% of the time…100% if you have life threatening disease. Meriam Webster Dictionary defines faithful as “unswerving adherence” to something you value. Faithfulness rewires your brain.
- Forgive. The Bible connects the health of your body to the health of your soul – your mind, will and emotions. The connection of Body, Soul and Spirit has been the subject of many science and university studies.
- Time. Removing the hindrances of stress and negative thinking combined with the right nutrition may result in less pain and increased energy. However, TIME is a key factor in recovering good health. Your body will heal the most important things first…these may be things you don’t “feel or see”. As your body repairs you will begin to feel more energy and less pain.
One of the most difficult and yet crucial parts of The Wellness Partnership is giving and receiving forgiveness. My program, Dancing Through Life walks people through partnering with God in nourishing their bodies and experiencing freedom from emotional and spiritual pain.
This attachment, “Dancing Through Life, Be Free” is from that program. It includes my story of offering forgiveness for the wounds of my past plus an exercise you can do for yourself.
Please open it, read it and let me know your thoughts. You can email your thoughts to “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Download: Dancing Through Life, Be Free!
(1) Dr. David Jeremiah, “The Lonely Senior part 1”, from Joshua 14