Dairy Free Delicious Coconut Ice Cream
A delicious rich dairy free ice cream. You must refrigerate coconut milk and freeze your Cuisinart ice cream maker tub for 24 hours before making. Plan ahead!
- 2 cans organic full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup raw local honey (for less sugar use half honey and add liquid stevia to taste
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla
- Dash celtic sea salt
Put cans of coconut milk in refrigerator for 24 hours to cool.
Put ice cream tub in the freezer for 24 hours or your ice cream will be too soft.
Mix cold coconut milk, honey and vanilla well. Add salt if desired.
Put coconut milk mixture in your automatic ice cream freezer (we use a Cuisnart) and make according to directions.
Remove ice cream from the ice cream maker and put in a freezer container and freeze for up to 24 hours before serving, it will be firm like ice cream. If you use right away it will be more like a soft serve.
- Add fresh berries, cherries, nuts, or peaches in the last few minutes just before it is solid.
- Add the juice and zest of one lime (do a taste test for sweetness and adjust according to your taste)
- Blend fruit with your coconut milk mixture before adding to the ice cream freezer.
- Slowly drizzle raw local honey (or honey and almond butter) into the ice cream freezer just before ice cream is completely frozen.
- Chocolate ice cream: Add to your coconut milk mixture and blend well: 2 Tablespoons (or more to taste) of raw cacao powder or organic cocoa
- Be creative! Make up your own delicious combination and share the recipe with us.
I like to make individual scoops:
- Place a scoop of ice cream in a nice bowl, sprinkle with lime zest and drizzle with raw local honey. The honey will become hard like caramel topping and the lime gives a yummy ZZZing! Garnish with a fresh mint leaf.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Immediately after ice cream is frozen and nicely solid, using an ice cream scoop, place scoops of your coconut ice cream on the cookie sheet (quickly or it will melt!)
- Place scoops in the freezer until frozen through and then place in a BPA free freezer container and enjoy one scoop at a time!