Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping Gluten Free
This recipe was adapted from All Recipes Pumpkin Streusel Muffins. A moist, delicious pumpkin muffin made with natural sweeteners and a crunchy oat streusel topping.
Servings: 18 regular sized muffins
- 2 1/4 cups Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour I use Bob's Red Mill One-to-One GF flour
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill ground organic golden flax seed
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 4 teaspoons organic pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar1Celtic sea salt
- 1- 15 oz can organic pumpkin
- 1& 1/4 cups raw local honey
- 2/3 cup extra virgin unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic apple sauce3 pasture raised eggs (well the chickens should be pasture raised)
- 1 teaspoon organic real vanilla
- 1/2 cup organic raisins regular or golden
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 Tablespoons Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour or Potato FLour
- 3 Tablespoons organic unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Old Fashioned Oats
- 4 Tablespoons raw local honey
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon organic real vanilla extract
- 8 ounces organic cream cheese or homemade yogurt cheese
Make Struesel and Set AsideET ASIDE
In your food processor, using the S blade, pulse to combine pecans, oats and GF flour and honey, blend well, cut in butter so it's a dry coarse mix.
Cream Cheese Filling
Make ahead and drop by teaspoons on parchment paper and freeze.In your food processor, using the S blade, pulse to combine powdered sugar, vanilla and cream cheese.
Drop by teaspoons on parchment paper and freeze.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Combine all wet ingredients in food processor, using S blade, blend well.
Combine wet and dry ingredients, mix well. (you can do this in your food processor if you have a large enough bowl, otherwise just use a whisk).
Stir in raisins.
Fill Muffin Cups
If you aren't using the cream cheese filling a large ice cream scoop works great for large muffins or a mini ice cream scoop works great for mini muffins.
Then put Streusel Topping over muffin up to the rim of the muffin cup.
Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling
Grease muffin cups with butter or line with muffin papers.
Put 2 Tablespoons batter in bottom of each cup.
Put frozen cream cheese filling in each cup.
Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full with batter.
Top each filled muffin cup to the rim with Streusel Topping.
Bake large muffins at 325 degrees for 20-35 minutes.
Bake mini muffins at 325 degrees for 10-13 minutes.
Cook muffins on a cooling rack.
Freeze in zip lock brand baggies and let sit in a sunny window until warmed.
Share fresh muffins with your neighbors!
Makes 18-24 large muffins, about 40 mini muffins.