Crunchy Spicy Curried Cauliflower
This lightly Spicy, Caramel-y and Crunchy roasted veggie is a hit at events, with our guests and as an every day veggie at home. I can could eat the whole pan myself.
Servings: 4 people
- 1/4 cup good quality oil See Notes
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry
- 2 teaspoons raw local honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan pink salt
- Dash red pepper flakes
- 4 cups Cauliflower cut into “flowerettes”
- 2 Tablespoons slivered almonds save for last 10 minutes
Mix oil and spices together. (If you use coconut oil you will need to melt first).
Toss cauliflower in spices and oil.
Place cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Remove foil, add slivered almonds and stir gently, spread cauliflower over baking sheet.
Bake UNCOVERED for another 10-15 minutes until almonds are lightly toasted and cauliflower is lightly browned.
Which Oil should I use?
- High quality extra virgin cold pressed olive oil will have health benefits and give it more of a savory flavor. How to choose an olive oil. Health benefits of Olive Oil. I purchase a high polyphenol count olive oil from Herban Market in Franklin, TN. Herban Market oils have polyphenol counts from 300+ into the 600+, they are fresh and their sources are identified. As a comparison, the Kirkland Olive oil (you know the giant bottle you buy at the big box store) was tested with a polyphenol count of only 40...and it was the highest of all the grocery store brands.
- Extra Virgin Unrefined Coconut Oil will give it a coconut-y slightly sweet flavor and also have health benefits. How to choose Coconut Oil.
- Cold Pressed Grape Seed oil will not add any flavor.