A Savory Hummus
Adapted from The Gilded Fork.com.
- 2 cups cooked butter beans rinsed and drained (or any cooked beans)
- 1 large red pepper roasted (or 1 jar of roasted red pepper, rinse oil off)
- 3 heads fresh garlic (very garlicky) roasted
- 2 medium green onions cut into chunks
- 3 lemons juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoons Tablespoon tamari or Braggs Amino Acids 2ground cumin
- 1/2 cup expeller pressed olive oil Dash paprika or cayenne
- 1 cup fresh Flat Italian Parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- dash paprika or cayenne
Roast the pepper and the garlic (see Chapter 11).
Put all in a food processor; blend until smooth, best if made a day ahead so flavors can blend.
Hummus is a great way to use left-over beans of any kind.
Drain liquid, rinse and use as you would a can of beans.