Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
This is a smooth, creamy delicious and very nutritious smoothie for fall. You'll love it if you love all things pumpkin.Ingredients
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 3/4 cup original or vanilla low sugar almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon organic pumpkin pie spice (or to taste add a little, then more)
- 1 teaspoon real maple syrup if you want it Sbucks sweet
- 2-5 drops stevia use if you use the syrup for Sbucks sweet
- dash celtic sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons homemade or One Nature or Erivan Plain Yogurt
- 3-4 frozen pumpkin ice cubes Instructions in first step
- 1 scoop ProPeas vegan protein powder
The night before you are going to make this fill an ice cube tray with organic pumpkin puree and freeze until solid. Pop the pumpkin cubes out and store in a zip loc brand freezer bag or a freezer container.
Combine in the order given in a blender, magic bullet cup or immersion blender cup. Blend until creamy.
Sprinkle top with freshly ground nutmeg.
SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT SWEETNESS:In a fruit smoothie your sweetness comes from the fruit. In this smoothie your sweetness comes from the coconut and almond milk. If it's not quite sweet enough add the 1 teaspoon of Maple Syrup and 2-5 drops of clear sweet leaf stevia....it will be as sweet as anything you pick up at SBucks.
If you don't mind it not too sweet just omit the maple syrup and stevia and save the calories!
You could also use a combo of raw local honey or raw organic agave nectar and stevia.