Raw Gingerbread Cookies
Simple to make, satisfying Gingerbread cookies you don't have to bake! These are egg free and the only "sugar" is unsulphured molasses, which has some good health benefits.
Servings: 8 cookies
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 Tablespoon unrefined extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 medium Medjool Dates, remove pits or 2 Tablespoons date paste
- 1 teaspoon Korjinte Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon Unsulphured Molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon real organic Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons finely shredded unsweetened coconut https://store.edwardandsons.com/collections/organic-coconut-products/products/organic-shredded-coconut
Mix all together. Put all ingredients in at once and mix until it comes together. The more you mix almond butter the drier it becomes. The perfect consistency is when you are able to make it into a ball. If you over mix it will become crumbly.
You can use a stand mixer with a paddle (easier) or mix by hand (muscles).
Use a small cookie scoop or a Tablespoon and roll into balls.
Roll the entire batch into a log, cover with plastic and refrigerate until firm. Then slice log into 8 slices.
You can roll the balls in unsweetened shredded Coconut or finely chopped nuts.
You can push the slices into coconut or finely chopped nuts.
You could also add the coconut to the cookies rather than on the outside. If you don’t like coconut eliminate it!
Make up a plate of slices and balls for your next holiday event. Make sure they are well chilled or frozen (better) because as they thaw they become soft. If it's an event where they will sit out you will have better results with the balls. Be sure and mark them as containing nut butter and coconut oil for anyone who may be allergic.